Music, illustration, graphic design, and other interesting things.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Syd Barrett (January 6, 1946 – July 7, 2006) RIP


Syd Barrett (January 6, 1946 – July 7, 2006) RIP

Roger Keith "Syd" Barrett (January 6, 1946 – July 7, 2006) was an English singer, songwriter, guitarist and artist.

Best remembered as one of the founding members of the group Pink Floyd, Barrett was active as a rock musician for only a few years, before mental instability forced him into seclusion. His creative legacy and quintessentially English vocal delivery have since proven to be remarkably influential. (from Wikipedia)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

This is Karel. I left a comment several months ago...
http://audium.blogspot.com/2005/11/bowie-and-burroughs-rolling-stone.html

Is where my comment is...
However I included my email address, which is causing me to recieve spam..could you please delete the comment?

Thank you..if you really need to check my identity you can email me at the address I gave you in that comment.

Anonymous said...

Pink Floyd? Did they write Another Brick in the Wall? When I was in high school (I'm in my early 40's) I thought that song was cooool. It spoke of independence, rebellion, standing for one's rights. "You don't need no education, you don't need no false control, no dark sarcasm in the classroom, teachers leave us kids alone... Hey, teacher, leave us kids alone..." I disliked school so I thought, that's my anthem.

I agree. Syd's creative legacy has proven to have remarkable influence on society. There's too much chaos in schools and children not only have demanded independence from the system but have morally declined as a result.